This Page

has been moved to new address

Five Blogger Loves, and a Little Something More

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Five Blogger Loves, and a Little Something More

The Average Girl's Guide

Friday, January 28, 2011

Five Blogger Loves, and a Little Something More

Today's post hits less about fashion, food, deals, fun & more, and a bit more of a double dose... a little about what I've discovered in just a few months since starting this shiny new blog and then five blog recs that are totally worth adding to your daily read:

1. I started this blog because I felt all of us gals -- all of us average, typical, awesome, everyday gals -- were looking for the same tips, tricks and insights to help us live even better, more fabulous and fashionable lives. I know I benefit from seeing style inspiration from another gal (that's why I started my outfit posts), from hearing about their favorite products (hence the 5 must haves column each Thursday!), from discovering, pre-tested, healthy and delicious meals (my Tuesday posts) and way more. I love this thing called blogging; if I can encourage one of you ladies to try a new bold color, test out a new recipe or score an awesome deal, I'm truly ecstatic. And, I LOVE hearing about it (hint, hint). This blog has also connected me to so many women I would have never met, which seems like a damn shame. So, so glad I met you!

2. Many of the women I've met are fellow bloggers: talented, smart, hysterical, gorgeous women around the country who I feel fortunate to have met, if only via Twitter or Facebook. I follow them on Google Friend Connect, eat up their posts and adore chatting with them. And, I want you to meet them, too. Every few weeks, I'll share with you a few women I've met. I hope you take time to check out what they have to say. It's worth it. Promise. I have good taste, right?


Saucy Glossie

Saucy Glossie: One of the most stunning gals who crazy enough, is also a total sweetheart. She regularly shares outfit posts of herself throughout NYC and the globe. Her photos are gorgeous, and she has a total knack for mixing high and low fashion.

Bon Bon Rose Girls: Fashion, decor and everything in between, they're a must-read if you like my blog. Unknowingly, the idea of my blog is quite similar to theirs, yet they got started about a year and a half before me! The two gals, one in Tampa and one in Annapolis are always posting something I'm dying to read. I'm particularly a fan of when they share new fashion trends (with yummy suggestions, too), and they have some awesome giveaways, which are not only fun to enter, it exposes you to a new brands. A captivating site.

The Looks for Less: The name says it all... she finds you the designer looks for less! And, she does a damn good job of it. She also gives entire outfits for less, using a celeb's look as inspiration. And, there's Manicure Mondays, with instructions on how to recreate her enviable nail candy.

The Suburban Mom: A mom-must! She keeps me up-to-speed on all the latest deals and discounts, mostly mom and kiddie related, new finds, and also shares fun stories and insights about her adorable little one, K. She, (along with her sweet, tech-savvy hubs!) have been total lifesavers to me as I started my blog. They've answered way too many questions and helped me out of many frustrating situations. I'm forever thankful!

A recent DIY bracelet on
Stripes & Sequins.
Stripes & Sequins: A semi-newbie blogger like me, she's a total DIY inspiration, coming up with homemade jewelry that J. Crew insiders would covet. Like her name, she has a love of stripes and sequins (me too!), and is frequently posting fresh fashion looks, her favorite products and instructions for her DIY projects. After a post about her outfits at Sundance, I'm seriously obsess about a pair of Sorel boots with fur (problem: I live in South Florida!). Stay tuned to my blog on Thursday: she's a 5 must-haves guest blogger!


Have a great weekend ladies!

xo
Alyson
(don't want to forget about reading my posts: click the google friend connect on the right of the screen, and find me on Facebook or Twitter!)

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home