This Page

has been moved to new address

Recipe: Goat Cheese-stuffed Chicken with Butternut Squash

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Recipe: Goat Cheese-stuffed Chicken with Butternut Squash

The Average Girl's Guide

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recipe: Goat Cheese-stuffed Chicken with Butternut Squash

Keeping with my New Year's resolution to make a recipe every week, here's #2:
Chicken stuffed with goat cheese, sundried tomato and basil with a side of butternut squash! YUM-o!

I've wanted to make this chicken dish for a while, actually as a roll-up, but didn't turn out that way. I had good intentions, but maybe my cutlets were too thick. Either way, I'm even more thrilled with how the results. An easy dish that is not only great for the family, but would make an awesome dish for guests.

As for the side, I have a slight obsession with butternut squash (healthy, delicious), however it's a freaking pain to prepare. So when I saw that Costco sells it pre-cubed, I snatched it up like it was nobody's business! It makes cooking a cinch. Eat this when you're craving starchy potatoes. It's a super-versatile veggie that can be cooked as I did, mashed with a little butter or cheese, or a million other ways.
Enjoy these recipes!

Chicken stuffed with goat cheese, sundried tomatoes and basil
I'm not giving you the exact measurements... this is easily customizable for 2 or 10 people. Check my picture... I just eyed it for each chicken cutlet.
Ingredients
Chicken breasts (purchase ones thick enough to slice in half)
Sun-dried tomatoes
Basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Toothpicks

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste, on the chicken.
Butterfly chicken breasts (cut in half, but not all the way through).
Crumble goat cheese, and roughly chop sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
Layer the ingredients (see pic) on one side of the breast.
Fold over the side without ingredients to close.
Put two toothpicks in on each end to secure.
Prepare a hot skillet with olive oil enough to coat the bottom.
Carefully put in breasts (the oil can splatter), flipping after two minutes.
After two minutes on the other side, put skillet in oven for 10-12 minutes, until chicken cooked.
Remove toothpicks. Ta-da!
TAGG tip: Here's a similar recipe by Martha Stewart using arugula instead of goat cheese.

Butternut squash
Directions
If cooking separately, put oven on 400 degrees instead of 425.
Place cubed squash on a baking sheet.
Lightly coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. If you like, get creative and add chili powder, cinnamon, etc.
Cook for about 35 minutes, tossing after about 20 minutes.
Take out. Let sit for a minute before transferring to plate.


Hope you enjoy! xo

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home