This Page

has been moved to new address

Fashion Trend: Color Blocking Craziness

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Fashion Trend: Color Blocking Craziness

The Average Girl's Guide

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fashion Trend: Color Blocking Craziness

To celebrate a fabulous new purchase by moi -- a Marc by Marc Jacobs off-the-shoulder, color-block top -- I'm sharing with you ways to incorporate color blocking into your wardrobe. I was ecstatic when I saw this shirt so casually hanging on Bloomies sale rack last week... it looked big, but had potential when styled the right way with a pair of skinnies or leggings. Well, it did! Unlike the photo, I'm going to wear it off one shoulder and show off the low back. And, what's totally awesome? It's regular price online ($138), yet I grabbed it for about $24! Pays to shop the sale racks, ladies.


Get ready for color blocking to get even bigger this Spring. It's been seen on major designer runways, Nicole Richie is donning a gorgeous color-blocked frock on the cover of Lucky this month and Glamour named this look one of the top 10 styles for 2011. Time for you to get on it!  Designers have this look covered, yet there's still somewhat limited options in an affordable price range. Check out Modcloth, Urban Outfitters and other favorites for great looks, and these options here:

Sparkle and Fade, woven panel 3/4 length top, $54.00
(ease your way in with this look)

Sparkle and Fade, spliced knit chiffon tee, $49.00
(perfect with trousers to work, or with shorts to the beach!)

Modcloth, casual chic dress, $72.99
(gorgeous and uber flattering design, with exposed back zipper!)


Mossimo, color block tank dress, $18.00
(fun and flirty, and comes in about a dozen color options! Try this with a jacket or cardy to add structure.)



Forever 21, wide striped cardigan, $27.50
(a perennial classic: grey, blue, stripes. I could wear this daily. Play around with colorful camisoles).
Nine West, Stylin, $89.50
(this makes my summer! Also comes in orange/red and black/beige)


Herve Leger, color blocking dress in shadow and teal, $1,350.00
(the banding, the color blocks... fainting).

Enjoy! xo
Alyson


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home