This Page

has been moved to new address

Divine Deal: Gifts for Him

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Divine Deal: Gifts for Him

The Average Girl's Guide

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Divine Deal: Gifts for Him

I know, you're seriously stressing because now it's officially December, which means it's holiday season, which also means it's gift-giving season! And, men typically are just the worst to shop for. I'm amused I'm writing a "gifts for him" post considering I can never find anything for the hubs! He wants for nothing... it's awful I tell him. ;)

Regardless, this average gal is giving it her best effort! Here are some gift ideas worth checking out:

CORDLESS GRILL LIGHT
These may have been around forever but I'm just learning about them, and totally adore them. How cool to add light to a grill at night? Faboo! At just $16.92, this cutie is such a steal. It's LED operated, the lights last last up to 50,000 hours and it's cordless, too. There's other ones for a lot more (and I'm sure the Sharper Image one has one with an extra random bell or whistle) but this one seems to do the trick at a fraction of the price. Check out the details here.



KINDLE
I have to include it. While I'm a gal who prefers reading the book, turning the pages and whatnot, I do understand the value of the Kindle, especially if your man travels, doesn't have room for a lot of books or isn't typically the book-reading type. This just might get him into it! And while it's $139 (includes WiFi), prices have dropped significantly in recent years and it's really only the cost of what, 7 or 8 books. Plus you're saving trees! Store up to 3,500 books, get a month of battery life with just one charge, and receive books within 60 seconds from ordering. See, you're giving your man instant gratification for the holidays. Ooohhh la la.


GPS NAVIGATOR
While many new cars come with the handy GPS navigator, many of us -- including any men in our lives -- are still lacking them. And, since men historically hate to ask for directions, what could be a more perfect gift?! Love this Garmin wide-screen, Bluetooth portable GPS navigator for just $114 (reg. $219!). It's so portable it can even fit in your man's back pocket if he doesn't want to leave it in his car. This version, for an extra $10-$15, also adds real time traffic information. SO worth it.


COOL, DAYTIME LOAFERS
Finding daytime shoes for men can be problematic. I don't want my man in gym shoes or dress shoes, just something nice and in-between. Enter: the loafer. Now, before you stop reading once I tell you the brand of the loafers you're seeing, stay with me... they're Crocs, and they're crazy
comfy. And, look super stylish, right? I saw them a while back while looking for something else and was totally shocked. Got my bro to buy 'em and he's constantly rocking a pair of light greys. They look great and feel like you're walking on air (for a fraction of the price of a pair of Cole Haan's or some other fancy technology).  Test out this Santa Cruz style in Espresso (also awesome in the faded black). And, check around the site... there's some stylish heels for women, too. It's not just the dare-I-say awful clogs (sorry if you're a fan!). Promise.


iPHONE CASE
Need a total bargain, maybe a stocking stuffer? Check this out: these iPhone 3 and 4 cases are just a penny each (plus $3.99 shipping). Seriously! They come in a dozen or so colors ranging from blue, orange, black and red to white, hot pink, turquoise and fuchsia. You cannot beat a fun-colored case for under $5. It's so inexpensive because they're a startup, but they didn't skimp on the quality. At this price, buy a dozen to hand out anywhere! 




NOT-SO-ORDINARY DRINK DISPENSER
Your man a golf guy? If so, how hysterical is this? No more having to worry to bring/carry drinks. Fill up the golf club with water, beer...Jack! Who will know? Can fit up to 54 fl. ounces of your man's favorite beverage. The battery operated pump serves the drink at the touch of a button. While just slightly kooky, leave it to Sharper Image to come up with something totally useful (one less thing to separately carry!) that we hadn't thought of before. And if you had, sorry... there goes your million dollar idea! The drink dispenser is $99.99 (with free shipping).


These not working for you? Other options:
Tickets to a sold-out show (check stubhub, ebay and craigslist); a guys day out complete with a sports game and beer (no complaining allowed or send him out with his guy friends, no guilt allowed either!); magazine subscriptions (Amazon has serious deals right now!);  or have him pampered at a local spa with a massage and facial. You can never gift that gift too many times! Good luck, and hope this gal helped. xo

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home