This Page

has been moved to new address

Quick Bites: Chocolate Covered Craisins

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Quick Bites: Chocolate Covered Craisins

The Average Girl's Guide

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick Bites: Chocolate Covered Craisins

Oh the grocery store. They tempt you with tasty items when you walk in, at each end cap and by the register. I'm usually really good; I even avoided Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal yesterday, knowing I would attack that box! It doesn't stand a chance around this gal. But, last week I got sucked in by Chocolate Covered Craisins. Maybe it's because it said "limited edition" on the top I felt the compulsive need to scoop these up immediately, but really it's because I thought the sweet, tart taste of a craisin (a dried cranberry) coupled with the richness of chocolate would be a perfect match. Plus, the nutritional stats were pretty decent!

While the bag says it has four servings, with each serving a 1/4 cup, there's plenty in there! In fact, I just grabbed 5 or 6 after dinner as a treat and was satisfied. This has been going on for quite a while. If you do dare to eat the serving, it's 180 calories, 8 grams of fat (4 saturated), 2 grams of fiber and 2 grams of protein. Not bad right for chocolate? Eating 5 or 6 can't be more than 30 or 40 calories! But most importantly...

the taste!

I am a fan, and would definitely get these again. That being said, some pieces were more chocolatey than others, but almost not in a good way... I didn't get the tartness from the craisin that I love (this gal can sometimes stand at the pantry eating handfuls of craisins. A weird option, I know). And, I'd also LOVE if Ocean Spray made these in dark chocolate instead of milk. Now that would be a killer combination! Can we vote? Get 'em for yourself to decide.


Restaurant.com Weekly Promo Offer 728 x 90

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home