This Page

has been moved to new address

Trend: Take it to the MAX-I

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Trend: Take it to the MAX-I

The Average Girl's Guide

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trend: Take it to the MAX-I

Now here's a trend we should all be "Woohoo'ing!" In a definite nod to the '70s vibe, the maxi skirt and dress are in full force this season. They just look so great on so many body types. Had to share it with you after seeing it so perfectly illustrated in an understated way in the March Nordstrom catalogue. Do you get that catalogue by the way? It's a must. Call, email, tweet, do whatever you have to, and then prepare for major drooling (followed by a fast trip to their web site or store! hah).

As for the maxi, why am I even more excited? I'm totally digging out my summer 2009 maxi dresses I lived in when I was pregnant! Is 2009 considered vintage yet? Hah. I digress. None of them were maternity, an illustration how much "give" these dresses have. You'll see me in one soon enough... I took it out for a test drive recently to rave reviews! Will post the look very soon.

A solid color or bold all-over pattern are best for shorter, more petite gals, and consider wearing them with wedges to give yourself some extra height. Try the DV for Target I just blogged about for an affordable, fashionable option! Pile them on with loads of necklaces or an armful of bangles, and add a belt if you want to give your waist some definition. Also consider layering a cardigan in a contrasting color for a more modern look.

Here are a few styles, and inspiration, to get you thinking about how you can take it to the... max-i!

Nordstrom, Splendid Knit Maxi Skirt, $84.00


Anthropologie, Whispering Forest Maxi Dress, $138.00






Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home