This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Must Haves by Florida Gal, Loni

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: 5 Must Haves by Florida Gal, Loni

The Average Girl's Guide

Thursday, June 23, 2011

5 Must Haves by Florida Gal, Loni

Meet Loni. This girl has it going on! A recent U of F grad (go gators! my alma mater), I met this super sweet hottie while she was working at It! Weddings & Events in Florida, my favorite company for creating memorable moments. Loni's one of the bloggers for its It! Weddings Florida... I can peruse her colorful, gorgeous posts all day long. She also spends free time sharing humorous photos and even texts with her boss on Gad Day, Every Day! Cracks me up. 

PS: the diversity of her must haves totally rock my world. She's convinced me I need #5 ASAP (especially since I see everyone with one; peer pressure, indeed!) and #1 and #3 are my must haves, too!

I personally can't wait to get to know this girl better, and I hope you can, too. Start reading what she has to say on those bloggies and read through her must haves here.

In her words, here's Loni's must haves of the moment!



Watches with changeable bands
As a (recent) college student (Go Gators!), I've learned plenty of tricks to make the most of my money. My most recent purchase was this exact watch for under $40 from Aldo Shoes. I have worn it every day since purchase. The bands are bright, bold and each are a different texture. It matches everything! Well, you can't really wear it with a silver necklace...So ALMOST everything.


Cross-body bag
A MUST for a Floridan. A 10 lb. oversized trendy purse is no reason to sweat in the 90-degree Florida heat. Sorry ladies, but you do not need to carry a 4-inch hair brush, hairspray, perfume, deodorant, moisturizer, concealer, powder, blush, eyeliner...... and the list goes on. If any of these items are an essential, simply buy the travel size!
TAGG tip: check out the pic to see a chic alternative to wearing the "cross-body" bag; one shoulder dresses up the look a little.

Bobby pins
Another must-have for the Florida fashionista. Bobby pins are a great way to concur the most devastating hair disturbances such as humidity, rain and hurricane-force winds (for those of you who have never been here, let's just say the weather is as unpredictable as Lindsay Lohan's legal status). They are great for pulling back bangs, the boho braided bangs, the half up and the side braid (is it that obvious I like braids?). They are also perfect for giving your ponytail a more polished look by wrapping your hair over your hair tie. I personally like to buy the ones sold at Sally's Beauty Salon. Not only do they come in a cute little tin can, they hold better than your average drugstore pins.
Tip: Make sure to match your hair color.



The chunky block heel
The thought of spending over $100 for a pair of sky-high stilettos that leave my feet swollen and resembling a butternut squash, makes me cranky (my apologies for the visual). I don't know about you, but I used to be under the impression the more you spend on shoes, the less your feet hurt. Well, that was until a good friend of mine said, "My girlfriends and I always kick off our shoes at the same time at the end of the night - whether they are Jimmy Choos or Steve Maddens." And she was so right! So to combat this common problem, I only seek out shoes with LOTS of support. My current favorite is the chunky block heel.
TAGG update: the ones shown are Bally; a little intense at $795! BUT check out this AWESOME look for less that seriously has me contemplating a purchase: Boutique Nine's Quilo on sale on Zappos for $84 (reg. $120). So stinkin' gorgeous in the neutral, grey and black!


Double wall tumblers
If you see me in public, you will never see me without one of these. I am ALWAYS thirsty (sorry, this may be a personal problem). I prefer the double wall tumbler over concealed reusable water bottles because it prevents me from putting them in my purse. For some reason, all water bottles tend to leak - ruining phones, makeup, etc. I've found this to be a great solution. Bonus: They do not sweat when filled with icey-cold beverages. You can find these in stores such as Target and Pier One in practically any pattern/color.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home