This Page

has been moved to new address

Outfit: Closet Color blocking for Casual Work Day

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Outfit: Closet Color blocking for Casual Work Day

The Average Girl's Guide

Monday, May 9, 2011

Outfit: Closet Color blocking for Casual Work Day

Since this gal works from home, I often can remain quite casual... as in my VS Pink pj's might stay on a weee bit too long into the afternoon morning! I'm on a mission to get showered and dressed -- with blog posted -- every day by 9:30 am daily. It's a challenge, but hopefully I'll get there soon. I hear it makes those who work from home much more productive (instead of me, working late into the night).

Here's me last week after a meeting with a fab restaurant client. While no suit or blazer are needed, I don't want to show up in jeans. In the past I'd pair this purple cami with basic black, however as I was pulling down the purple cardi they skimmed near each other and I had an AHA! moment. Why not?
And, so I did. And, then I added red shoes AND my new, lime green-covered iPad.

Luurrrrvvveeee the look. I wish it showed up better on camera; the flash kinda changed the purples, at least I think so. (just use your imagination a little. muchos gracias).

Essentially: Color blocking from my own wardrobe.
No new clothes necessary. My kind of trend setting! Urge you to take a fresh look at your clothes. Are these two bright items that could work together? Two pastels that have not yet been mixed? Test them out. It's all about pairing colors that are in the same 'bold' color family. So, don't mix a pastel pink with a bright yellow. Instead find a bright orange blouse to wear under your yellow jacket, scarf or necklace!

Got it? Good. Would love to hear about your adventures in 'closet colorblocking!"
(ps: this is the picture that made me decide I need to grow my bangs out! haha!)
And, as per usual, the little girl wants to be part of the action!

cardigan: loft
camisole: mossimo from target
pants: gap (circa 2004!)
wedges: banana republic outlet
necklace: jewel mint (kate bosworth's jewelry line; check it out!)
bracelet: tory burch leather wrap
watch: michael kors
polish: essie watermelon (still, i know; need a pedi soon!)

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home