This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Must-Haves: Tina van der Ven

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: 5 Must-Haves: Tina van der Ven

The Average Girl's Guide

Thursday, October 14, 2010

5 Must-Haves: Tina van der Ven

Tina van der Ven
5 Must Haves... for (stylish) Professional Success
Meet Tina. Totally professional. Totally stylish. As the marketing manager at Greenberg Traurig, P.A., she handles marketing and PR for the firm's Miami office, as well as the firm's global Environmental & Land Development practice attorneys.  A resident of Miami Beach with her husband Alex and dog Charlie, she's also super involved in the community, including serving as co-chair of Impact Circle (the young professionals group of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Miami) and mentoring two young girls for the past four years with Take Stock in Children. 

Tina's constantly on-the-go, meeting with attorneys, clients, non profit board members, you name it. She has to look polished and sophisticated, yet always wants her personality to shine through.

Here, Tina shares her five must haves--


Rockin' iPad case
For those who know me, I am obsessed with the color red. I get a ton of compliments on this iPad cover by Tuff-Luv  -- and it's great to travel with.  The color and design are gorgeous.  Forget the Gucci and Louis Vuitton cases -- this is affordable and tres chic.
Tuff-Luv iPad cover, $39.99 at Amazon





Sheath dress
Elie Tahari and Michael Kors make the most amazing and unbelievable sheath dresses, which make all women look like vixens.  The perk is that you can dress them up or dress them down.  They are usually very lightweight and easy to travel with.  I could wear sheath dresses to work every day.  Other great designers for sheath dresses -- Banana Republic and Theory. Here's a Michael Kors steal and an Elie Tahari splurge.



Fun pair of black heels
As my husband can attest, I could probably blow my entire salary on handbags and shoes. Specifically, high heels because they make us look leaner and taller. Splurge: I just bought a pair of Manolo's at Neiman Marcus Last Call at Sawgrass, that were originally $900 and I bought them for $380. Nordstrom also carries some amazingly affordable black heels. I bought a pair of Enzo Anglioni's two months ago (see pic) that I receive major compliments on. These shoes are not only fun, but very comfortable. I'm wearing them most days from 9 am - 9 pm and totally pain-free at the end of the day.
Enzo Angolioni mielee pump, Nordstrom, $89.95



Gold jewelry
I am going through this phase of wanting to attack my mom's dresser so I can wear all of her vintage pieces, especially those in gold. What better way to accessorize your dress and fun heels, then with great gold accessories? I recently scored a pair of obsession-worthy dangling gold earrings for $20 at Blush in Miami Beach and also gold and black bangles from Blush that I mix with my mother's vintage bangles. It's exciting to know that back in the day, your mom or grandmother or loved one was wearing the very same pieces!



Bronzer... and mascara (we'll let her have a 6th must have!)
I cannot live without my Bobbi Brown bronzer. Without it, I would look like a pale ghost. I have searched high and low for the best (tried YSL, Chanel, Laura Mercier) and this one is the winner. Why go in the sun and get wrinkles when you can put on some bronzer and feel great (and healthy?). The color is just right, does not make me look like an orange pumpkin, nor does it irritate my face. Two thumbs up!
Bobbi Brown bronzer, Sephora, $33

Dior Show mascara... in blue: While I traditionally stay in the safe zone with black mascara, thanks to marathon viewing sessions of the Rachel Zoe Project, I'm now trying to think more outside the box, and have fallen in love with Dior Show in blue. The color is amazing -- it is a fun pop of color for the eyes-- makes you look more awake, and its edgy and different. Try it on its own, or put a coat over your black mascara to make your eyes really pop. {TAGG tip: trust her, it works! We've been hearing that, too!)


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At November 1, 2010 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Erika said...

    I have those Enzo Angolioni's! I saw them on the Nordrstom half yearly sale, and happened to stumble upon them at TJ Maxx for even less! They are high, but suprisingly comfty, and they are so fun but still office-appropriate. Love!

     
  • At November 7, 2010 at 5:44 PM , Blogger Alyson said...

    Impressive shopping find, Erika! Nice work (and this gal is a little jealous!). Enjoy.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home