This Page

has been moved to new address

Random Rant: Honor Thyself

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Random Rant: Honor Thyself

The Average Girl's Guide

Monday, August 9, 2010

Random Rant: Honor Thyself

I'm reading Eat, Pray Love. I know many of you already have, or are in the same place as me... trying to finish a book we've been hearing about for ages before watching Julia Roberts bring the pages to life on the big screen this weekend.


I could go on and on about my love of the first section on her Eating in Italy because it brings me back to an incredible (carb-filled) vacation with my hubs less than two years ago or I can be honest and say I'm slightly bored with the second section about praying in India (I just want to get to the Love already!), but I won't dwell. There's one mantra, one of the most basic ones, in Pray that's been lingering in my thoughts....


Om Namah Shivaya
(I honor the divinity that resides within me.)


Not sure if the author's translation is 100 percent, but it speaks to me, the average girl, and I hope to you as well. Think about what it means to you.


Really think about it.


It reminds that me to honor myself, to live with purpose because each of us have a divine being inside us. That even though this year has brought on unimaginable things to my body -- which I'm still struggling with -- I, we must feel strong and proud of who we are, what we're capable of and what we can contribute and give to those around us. Each of us has our own challenges, no doubt, but never forget that we're blessed.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At August 9, 2010 at 8:42 AM , Blogger Nate said...

    "Om Namah Shivaya"

    My wife repeats this prayer to herself all the time. It's Hindu and directed to Shiva, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure though. She told me something about saying it 108 times once a week?? Good post!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home