This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Must Haves from Lacey (& Hubs Shares, Too!)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: 5 Must Haves from Lacey (& Hubs Shares, Too!)

The Average Girl's Guide

Thursday, June 9, 2011

5 Must Haves from Lacey (& Hubs Shares, Too!)

Meet Lacey. I am beyond words excited to introduce you to her. Thanks to the powers of Facebook, I am almost positive I can declare her my oldest friend! How cool is that?? I moved around growing up so don't have many long-time friends yet Lacey's someone I always thought about.

We were middle schools pals here in Florida and she is the most sweet, genuine, good hearted person you'll ever meet. And, while I haven't seen her in person in at least 15 years, I still remember her having a laugh that made you smile. Heck, just her smile does that! I feel so fortunate to have met when I was younger and I'm thrilled to reconnect. Especially since we now have kiddies just a few months apart... those little ones are destined for a playdate!

Love Lacey's must haves. Have to admit that she sent me about 10 and forced me to narrow them down (hard work!). HYSTERICAL SIDE NOTE: When her husband asked what she was working on, he created his own awesome top five list; so classic guy I love it! ANSWER: Food, water, shelter, TV, comfy chair and sex! LOL. Dying. So awesome.

Ok, now that I've written a novel, please take a few more moments to read Lacey's 5 must haves, in her words...


Stud Earrings For Your Wallet
I know crazy right, but I’ve needed these more than a few times.  You’re in a hurry in the morning and realize only when you look in the rear view mirror half way to work that you forgot earrings. Doh!  This is my back up pair of earrings.  They hold up great in my wallet and don’t take up much room!  I have a pair of 10mm silver ball stud earrings.  Love them!!
TAGG tip: LOVE this earrings set from Target: silver ball stud earrings and faux diamonds, just $14.99!

Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner
I love the soft look of pencil liner but I can’t stand that it disappears and is gone by the end of the day. I’ve tried liquid liners but I really don’t like how defined the line is, too dark and harsh. I need the best of both worlds something that has a smudge to it but great staying power… This is it!
So easy to apply (brush is included) and lasts all day! LOVE IT!! $7.99
(Bobbi Brown sells a similar liner but this one works just as great and a fraction of the cost).
Crystal Light To Go Packs
I struggle to drink my daily quota of water. Because water is just so bland to me, I have to perk up my water with Crystal Light (Raspberry Lemonade) to go packs. I always have one or two in my purse when I need a pick me up from my boring water.

 
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing (Aloe) Lotion
Large bottles, medium tubes and small travel tubes! Travel tube in my purse, a medium tube in my office and car and large bottle at home.  This stuff  is the best.  It doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin, it’s moisturizing and quickly absorbs into the skin without being greasy!
TAGG tip: She's right! I  know, a little strange because Gold Bond was associated with other less glamorous things, but this lotion is awesome. When my hands were crazy dry last year due to meds a nurse could not stop raving about this; I tested and they're right.



 
Clear makeup bag for all of my loose items
There is nothing worse than looking for your lipstick at the bottom of your purse, pulling out everything out except for the one thing you need!  I put all of my loose cosmetics in this little bag: lotion, lipstick, ibuprofen, compact, lip gloss etc. Everything is always in it's place and is easy to find in the bag because the bag is clear!! I got mine for $3 at Wal-Mart.  SCORE!


Check out Lacey's other must-haves....
Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara, a purse with a POP (hers is yellow); Lysol travel-size wipes; and Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow (cement; a great natural color).

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2011 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Tara @ Haute Lunch said...

    Great picks! Her hubbies must haves crack me up, too! I'm so smitten with the idea of carrying backup earrings in your wallet- can't believe I never thought of that! :) Love it!

     
  • At June 9, 2011 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Amalia Athanaeleas said...

    Hahaha her hubs is great!! Ok, I bow down to the sheer genius-ness of spare earrings in the wallet. I've actually gone out and bought earrings because I forgot to wear earrings and felt naked. Lacey, you are amazing! And the Maybelline gel eyeliner? My secret obsession too! I use to use the one by MAC, which is amazing by the way, but I can buy like 3 Maybelline ones for the price of 1 MAC one. And you seriously cannot tell the difference. Thanks so much Lacey, these are such practical and awesome must-haves!
    xoxo
    Lia

     
  • At June 9, 2011 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Bonnie said...

    I would be so screwed if I didn't have a makeup bag in my purse, but I wish that it was clear. I think that would make it easier to find things that I am frantically searching for.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

     
  • At June 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

    I totally have earrings in the change compartment of my wallet. She's a gal after my own heart!

     
  • At June 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Liz - So Much to Smile About said...

    What a great idea to carry extra earrings! I'm always forgetting something as I scramble to get out of the house in the morning!

     
  • At June 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    What a great idea - the clear makeup bag for misc. items! Gonna use that one for sure :)

    xo Teresa
    www.teresalifeandstyle.blogspot.com
    Check out my giveaway - visit my blog to enter!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home