This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Must Haves: from a Fellow Red-Head

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: 5 Must Haves: from a Fellow Red-Head

The Average Girl's Guide

Thursday, April 28, 2011

5 Must Haves: from a Fellow Red-Head

Meet Erin. She's one of the coolest, sweetest, most fun and sincere girls I've ever met. Promise. And, I'm not just blowing these compliments her way because she's a red head (ya know, us red heads have to stick together!). Honestly, her smile is infectious and someone I always think I'd love to become better friends with (ya year that, Erin! haha). We met out and about here in West Palm, Fla. through friends, and now serve together on the Board of an awesome non profit, The Foundation for Community Betterment. She's our resident graphic designer and overall smartie, helping to keep us organized and make every event its best.

Oh, did I forget to mention she has killer taste? Even when I see her en route to spinning classes (indoor cycling, her love!), she looks totally fab. I love how she pulls an outfit together (which usually involves Tory Burch), her condo is gorge, and she also makes her own jewelry... namely guitar pick earrings! Talk about rockin' a look! I'm obsessed with them. She sells them here and there so it's always awesome to see someone wearing them... people go crazy; such a fun, unexpected piece of jewelry!

Beyond thrilled that she's sharing with you her five must-have items because this is definitely a girl who's taste I admire. Fun, accessible yet sophisticated and modern.

In her words, here's Erin's 5 must haves...
 Swatch
I wear my Swatches all the time, even to work. Rocking a vibrant Swatch is a fab diversion to the "work attire." They add a splash of unexpected character and can be conversation starters. Lately, I've been wearing this one, So Fresh ($60)! 

 
A lovable Rescue Pet
Mine's named Cooper. He's my love monkey. I rescued him in January from Golden Rescue South Florida and we're now in a serious relationship :-) Rescue your next pet please! You can rescue pretty much any breed either through your local humane society or searching for more detailed organizations such as the Golden Rescue south Florida or Everglades Golden Retriever Rescue, Inc.
(You don't have to get a golden retriever but they are one of the BEST dogs).

 
MAC - Oyster Girl lipgloss
It's light and glossy, giving your lips just enough without hailing too much attention.


The color ORANGE
I'm not sure what it is about the color orange. I've been infatuated for years. It's funky and fresh with a touch of sassy. Notice my orange bedding (Anthropologie) and orange upholstered chair (purchased from Kourtney Pulitzer boutique in West Palm Beach) with Cooper hanging out.
TAGG tip: this just shows that even red heads can rock orange! thanks, erin!


Good Food!
I'm not much of a chef so when cooking at home, I usually do steamed veggies and bake or grill chicken. Bland, I know. This could be the reason why I tend to eat out often: I enjoy GOOD FOOD. Some fly to Italy or New York for a memorable meal, which I fully encourage but I'm also happy eating at these hot spots in West Palm Beach, which can accommodate Cooper of course: Darbster (vegan), Vagabondi (Italian), Gratify (gastro pub) and Pistache (French waterfront bistro). Darbster's is an easy "go to" for a casual atmosphere, friendly people and outrageously delicious Vegan food. Yes, Vegan. Have a glass of white wine and the Chikn' & Apple Wrap with the peanut sauce that I crave. At Vagabondi, I usually get the beet salad to start and a small portion of the luring pasta with truffle oil!
(photo: palm cakes at darbster, pbpost.com)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home