This Page

has been moved to new address

Quick Bites: Better-for-you Cupcakes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: Quick Bites: Better-for-you Cupcakes

The Average Girl's Guide

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Quick Bites: Better-for-you Cupcakes

I'd venture to guess that about 95% of women (and really, mankind) loves a chocolate cupcake. I mean, really what's not to like? Chocolate? Yum. Cupcakes? Yum. However, the one "thing" that doesn't love a chocolate cupcake? My hips. They hate them.

Since I have a serious sweet tooth, I'm constantly on the hunt to make decadent food a little healthier.. while keeping the flavor. Thanks to one of my favorite gals on earth, Lisa Lillien aka The Hungry Girl, I have to share with you a quick-fix recipe to make flavorful, relatively guilt-free chocolate muffins. And, if you don't know the Hungry Girl, you MUST read my very first blog post dedicated just to her. 

OK, now what you've been waiting for... (don't worry, this won't take long!):

Ingredients:
- 1 18.25 box of a moist-style chocolate cake mix; any kind you like
- 1 can of pumpkin (best brand: Libby's)

Directions:
- Mix ingredients (best with a hand mixer). It will seem a little dry but it's OK. No, you don't need the oil, butter, eggs, fat. Just these two ingredients.  Promise. Pinky swear. It will taste good.
- Spoon into muffin tins; I prefer going for the 36 mini muffins.
- Cook according to directions on cake box.
- Allow to cool.

Ta-da! Delicious and much healthier for you than the original version. Try it and let all the gals out there know what you think!



728x90 Get 6 FREE DeepChocolate VitaTops

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home