This Page

has been moved to new address

5 Must Haves: Katherine Lande

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Average Girl's Guide: 5 Must Haves: Katherine Lande

The Average Girl's Guide

Thursday, September 30, 2010

5 Must Haves: Katherine Lande

The Average Girl's Guide is starting a new regular series called 5 Must Haves featuring gals around the country sharing their 5 must haves... the question is, what's the topic? Tune in each week to find out.

Katherine Lande:
5 Must Haves... for a stylish girl on the go!
You think you have an eye for fashion? Meet Katherine. As Fashion & Style Director for Palm Beach Media Group, she creates all things visual at Palm Beach Illustrated, Naples Illustrated and Weddings Illustrated. Cover design, fashion spreads, you name it. And, they're jaw-dropping.
 
She constantly has her pulse on the hottest trends and loves to explore rare and unique vintage fashion, jewelry and antiques.  She also has a totally worth-reading blog Les Luxes where she writes about luxuries, both big and small. She's an in-the-know fashionista; you want to hear what she has to say. Trust me.

Here's her five must-haves for a stylish gal on the go (who wants to go shopping?!):


Layer it up
I get chilly easily so I always carry a lightweight scarf with me wherever I go. This one from Calypso has a pop of army green, which I'm obsessing over for fall. Its easy to carry around and appropriate with all my looks whether its a day in the office, store browsing on Worth Ave., or location scouting for a photo shoot. Be sure to look for a lightweight fabric that will transition well from indoors-to-out and season-to-season.

G1 scarf, Calypso St. Barth, $95
calypso-celle.com


Go Bold
This fall it’s all about a bold lip, definitely a fun change for me. I’ve been inspired by all the fashionistas I saw during New York Fashion Week and the styling of J. Crew's fall catalog. The stylist for J. Crew used Nars Funny Face, a fave of president and creative exec director Jenna Lyons, but I've found that Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense 36 offers the right look as well. Be sure to keep the rest of your face simple, which is perfect for those days I'm running a bit behind. And since it’s the main beauty product for the entire day, less to touch up and lug around.

Nars lipstick in Funny Face, $24 and Make Up For Ever lipstick in Rouge Artist Intense 36, $19



Safety First
Being a constant girl on-the-go, I'm never disconnected from my Blackberry. On days when I’m on location shooting fashion editorials I have a tendency to drop and misplace it constantly. A chic leather case from Kate Spade keeps my Blackberry safe no matter if it's floating around in my handbag or lying amongst my styling supplies. This stylish must-have item also makes for a perfect gift; what girl wouldn't want one more luxe accessory?

Blackberry pouch, Kate Spade, $25, katespade.com
{TAGG tips: 1. for your iPhone carriers like this gal, check out Kate's gorgeous version, $40; 2. free shipping on all ground orders, thanks Kate! and 3. sign up for their mailing list on the homepage and get 15% off your first order).


Statement Making
I'm a lover of shoes, statement shoes at that, but constantly running around I need something that can take wear & tear. This season a very trend-on short boot will be just the thing. I’m envisioning wearing this Joie ankle boot with just about everything in my wardrobe, which makes getting dressed that much easier and quicker. By day I’ll pair them up with my favorite skinny jeans, and by night will rock them out with a structured dress or something embellished with fur or sequins for a chic rough-luxe look. Because the boot is short I can play around with adding a sock or tight if there’s a chill in the air. One good ankle boot = endless quick and easy looks.

Joie Santo strappy ankle bootie, $425, bergdorfgoodman.com
{TAGG tip: Can't afford the real thing, or want to test the trend for less? Check out this pair from Aldo or this one from Target!}



Freshen Up
When I’m feeling tired or have very little time to go from work to an evening of events, I turn to Mario Badescu’s Rosewater Facial Spray for a fresh pick me up. It’s beautifully fragrant and formulated with herbal extracts that give your skin an instant boost and added hydration. It can also be used to spray on dry hair, an added bonus when you only have a few minutes to freshen up. Also perfect for keeping your skin hydrated when flying. Highly used during the social season.

Facial spray with aloe, herbs and rosewater, Mario Badescu, 4oz: $7, mariobadescu.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home